Good Mornin’ Sleeping Beauties !
Yesterday I ran into Wal-Mart for some quick things I needed to grab and I remembered I was out of protein powder. I went to grab my usual Quest Banana Cream and turns out they don’t carry that flavor 😦 One thing that keeps ya living’ though is trying new thangs, so I gave the Vanilla Milkshake flavor a try! It’s a really good subtle flavor that will pair well with oats, pancakes, shakes, etc. I still love my banana, but this flavor is good too!
I decided to throw some strawberries in with the oats + protein and it turned out tasting just like strawberry shortcake! Perfect for a sweet tooth and when you need some carbs and protein. Pairs really well with a cup of coffee … trust me ; ) Here’s the recipe ::
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 large, chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- sliced almonds, or any seeds or nuts would pair really well with this recipe! I just didn’t have any on hand 🙂
- combine oats and protein in bowl
- fill with water until it reaches the top of the oats
- microwave for 1 1/2 min or until you’ve reached your preferred texture, stirring occasionally
- top with strawberries, granola (blueberries, raspberries, bananas, nuts, seeds, etc. would also pair well)
- sprinkle cinnamon on top
- serve & enjoy
409 calories | 60 g carbs | 7 g fat | 30 g protein
Have a Kick A$$ Day | Xoxox,