Happy 2017 New Year’s Babies !!!!
I got a quick grocery haul today that I thought I would share with you guys! I spent almost 50$ this morning, which I have budgeted out to spend 75$ a week on groceries, so I’ll probably have some random things I’ll grab later this week that I run out of! Keep in mind, I buy groceries for me and Kc, so I have to spend a lil bit more than just one person would have to!
*Keep in mind, I already have a lot of things at home, so this isn’t a full haul of the things I eat in a week, or even a day! I already have things like oats, protein powder, bananas, etc. at home so I didn’t have to pick those up! These are just some random things I picked up that might inspire some ideas for you guys or be helpful : )
**Watch out for my meal plans that will be available on my website by April, and possibly sooner! They will have a grocery list, recipes, pictures, macros, and so much more! Literally the food Bible! If you guys are interested in one ASAP, reach out to me and I can sell you the rough draft for a cheaper price! : )
- 5 gala apples
- fresh strawberries
- frozen fruits and veggies are a cheaper option vs. fresh!
- 4 avocados
- great source of healthy fats, I usually eat 1 a day!
- 2 orange peppers
- Skippy peanut butter with honey
- a healthier version would be almond butter, but I can’t compromise on my peanut butter guys : (
- 1/2 lb deli ham
- 1/2 lb deli turkey
- deli meats have a lower sodium content than pre-packaged meats, they don’t stay good as long as pre-packaged but that’s because they don’t have the added preservatives in them to make them last longer which is a good thing!
- Terra BBQ sweets potato chips
- a healthier version of potato chips for my chip lovers! expensive as crap, but yummy
- Spring Mix lettuce
- the Spring Mix lettuce has more vitamins and nutritional content than the Garden Mix lettuce, but I don’t really like the Spring Mix as much, so I mix the two together!
- Garden Mix lettuce
- whole grain pasta
- source of complex carbs – provide fiber
- Smart Chicken thighs
- frozen chicken is cheaper, I just find it a pain to thaw and it seems with most brands you have to cook them all as soon as you open the bag because they get freezer burnt quickly … maybe that’s just me!
- brown eggs
- source of healthy fats and protein
- coconut oil cooking spray
*as always :: don’t forget to “join the tribe” on the side of the page to receive email notifications of new posts so you can stay up to date!
Happy Tuesday | Xoxo,