Happy Icy Sunday !
I hope everybody is prepped and ready for the storm rollin’ in! Here in NE we are all stocked up for an ice storm that will be lingering around for the next couple of days 😦 And when I say all, I mean ALL … literally the grocery stores are out of EVERYTHING! I stopped in earlier to grab some salsa to make this bowl and thank goodness I was stocked on everything else cause I woulda been SOL.
Anywho … by the time lunch came around today, I was starving so I made this jam packed fiesta chicken & veggie bowl and thought I would share it with you guys : ) Prepare this one with an empty stomach! Here’s the recipe ::
- 4 oz chicken
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 brown egg
- 2 TBSP salsa
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 an orange pepper
- 1/2 a zucchini
- 1 cup of broccoli
- trim the fat off of the chicken
- spray a medium sized pan with coconut oil non-stick spray
- cook chicken in chunks over medium heat
- crack 1 egg over the chicken once the chicken is cooked about half way through
- cook 1/2 cup brown rice according to directions on package
- cook diced up broccoli, peppers and zucchini over medium heat for about 7-10 minutes
- cut up 1/2 an avocado
- once chicken is thoroughly cooked through, along with the veggies and rice being done combine all of the contents in a medium sized bowl and sprinkle contents with pink Himalayan salt and add 2 TBSP salsa
- mix, serve & enjoy !
453 calories | 39 g carbs | 18 g fat | 38 g protein
As Always :: don’t forget to “follow my blog” to receive notifications via email anytime a new post is up so you don’t miss out : ) The button is located on the right of the page or at the bottom of the home page !
Stay Warm ! | Xoxox,