Happy Mondayyyy !
Another day, another healthy breakfast idea … can you guys tell what my favorite meal of the day is? ; ) I’m obsessed with this avocado toast, it’s definitely a new favorite of the moment! So I figured I would share it with you guys 🙂
don’t forget :: to follow my blog (there is a ‘follow’ button at the bottom of this page) to receive notifications via email every time a new post is up so you don’t miss a thing 🙂
- 2 large brown eggs
- 1 package of Southwestern Grilled Chicken Strips (you can also use regular chicken, it’s much cheaper to buy chicken breasts than these packaged strips + a lot less sodium. But I use these packages sometimes when I’m in a hurry and don’t have chicken meal prepped)
- 1 slice of whole grain oat nut bread
- 1/2 an avocado
- additional veggies you would like to add to the omelette (peppers, spinach, tomatoes, onions, etc.) I was just starving this morning so I didn’t chop up any veggies!
- optional spices I used :: pink Himalayan salt, garlic salt
- some people prefer to not season their foods to try to cut back on their sodium (salt) intake, so you’re welcome to skip this step altogether but I just love my seasonings so I try to add some in moderation!
- in a medium sized bowl, mix together cracked eggs, 1/4 package of chicken strips (can also substitute for a couple slices of ham or turkey, or skip step all together), any preferred veggies, and sprinkle mixture with pink himilayan salt and garlic salt
- mix ingredients together with a fork or spoon
- spray a medium sized pan with coconut oil non-stick cooking spray (or any non-stick cooking spray you have on hand)
- pour egg mixture into pan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes (or until cooked all of the way through) flipping occasionally with a spatula to ensure the eggs cook evenly
- toast the slice of bread
- take 1/2 an avocado and spread it evenly with a knife to cover the toast
- sprinkle the avocado with a little pink Himalayan salt
- microwave 1/4 package chicken strips for 30 seconds – 1 minute (can substitute for a couple slices of ham or turkey, or for cooked chicken)
- plate cooked omelette and avocado toast
- serve & enjoy !
macros for avocado toast & fresh omelette (without veggies you include):
422 calories | 25 g carbs | 23 g fat | 29 g protein
follow me on social media for random / helpful / funny / hotmess thangs:
facebook: Paige Trauernicht
YouTube: Paige Trauernicht for meal prep tutorials, workout ideas, and vlogs !
YouTube link –> click here !
*if you guys are struggling with getting your diet under control, don’t really know where to start, or need a fresh slate to begin on, check out my customized meal plans! They’re perfect to help get you on track / back on track and include lots of yummy recipes like this one 🙂 Check them out! They’re under the ‘Paige’s Meal Plan’ tab.
**bonus :: they’re also on sale right now, so grab yours before they return to regular price!!!
Sending Lots of Love | xoxoxoxo