Happy Snow Day (Self-Made Snow Day hehe)
I made these protein waffles the other day and thought I would share the super easy recipe! I have been sticking to my macros pretty strictly lately but (of course) have been having a sweet tooth. For some reason the last couple of mornings I have seriously felt like waking up and eating chocolate chip cookies for breakfast … INSTEAD I have been making these yummy and healthy protein waffles. These waffles are a super quick, easy and healthy option for my girls and guys with busy mornings … they also pair well with a cup of coffee on more relaxed mornings 🙂 I made this recipe a couple days ago with honey drizzled over them, but the last couple of times I have been using sugar free syrup and I think the recipe tastes better with the syrup, but it’s totally up to you!
don’t forget :: to follow my blog (there is a ‘follow’ button at the bottom of this page) to receive notifications via email every time a new post is up so you don’t miss a thing 🙂
ingredients :: for 1 serving (about 3 medium sized waffles)
1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 a chopped banana
3 medium sized chopped strawberries
1/4 cup sugar free syrup or 1 TBSP honey
sprinkle of cinnamon
necessary: for this recipe you will need a waffle maker, I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for 30$ you don’t need anything fancy 🙂
*** there are many substitutions you can make with this recipe! You can trade the almond milk for water, can switch up the fruits to ones you prefer, you can skip the cinnamon … it’s a recipe you can play with and adjust to your liking! ***
- plug in your waffle maker to ‘pre-heat’ it
- combine waffle mix, milk, and sprinkle of cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and mix ingredients together
- spray waffle maker with coconut oil non-stick cooking spray **this step may not be necessary for some waffle makers since some have non-stick iron on them! **
- pour about 1/3 of the waffle mix into the waffle maker … make sure to not fill the entire waffle maker with mix because once you press the top side down to cook, the mix will spill over the sides!
- repeat #4 until you have no waffle mix left
- plate your waffles and top with 1/4 cup sugar free syrup or 1 TBSP of honey
- top with your choice of chopped fruit
- serve & enjoy !
270 calories | 48 g carbs | 3 g fat | 15 g protein
follow me on social media for fun sh*t:
facebook: Paige Trauernicht
YouTube: search Paige Trauernicht for meal prep tutorials, workout ideas, and vlogs !
YouTube link –> click here !
*I will be posting a new vlog this weekend of A Day in the Life of Paige and Kc so keep an eye out because it’s definitely an interesting one 🙂
*if you guys are struggling with getting your diet under control, don’t really know where to start, or need a fresh slate to begin on, check out my customized meal plans! They’re perfect to help get you on track / back on track and include lots of yummy recipes like this one 🙂 Check them out! They’re under the ‘Paige’s Meal Plan’ tab.
*bonus :: they’re also on sale right now, so grab yours before they return to regular price!!!
Sending Lots of Love | xoxoxoxo