Happy Sunny Tuesday !
It has been a WHILE since I’ve made a blog post … holy cow time flies when you’re busy 🙂 BUT I’m back and I’m back with a healthier dessert option … so what better!? ; ) This recipe is not only yummy & sweet, but they are also super quick & easy to make and are perfect snacks for my busy people who are on the go! I like to eat these in the afternoon or the evening when I have a chocolate craving (which never seems to go away) or if I’m in a hurry before a workout for a quick carb boost to get me through my workout!
I knew I HAD to share this recipe when me and Kc literally knocked out 10 of these energy bites last night (no shame) …. (ok a little shame because that’s a lot of treats but shiz happens). So here is it my amazing people!!!!
disclaimer :: I did not create this recipe, it was one that was found off of Pinterest, so I do not own the rights to it 🙂 I simply tried it out and thought I would share!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl
- let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- roll the mixture into small 1 inch balls
- store in a container in the freezer
- serve & enjoy !
- use dark chocolate mini chocolate chips
- use almond butter instead of normal peanut butter
- use locally grown honey, generally locally grown honey doesn’t contain the preservatives that you find in the name brand honey
macros: (per 1 energy bite)
171 calories | 10 g fat | 20 g carbs | 4 g protein
quick reminders / info:
- don’t forget to follow my blog to stay up to date on everything ! There is a ‘follow’ button at the bottom of this page : )
- also for my YouTube followers: I just posted a new follow me around video, so go check it out if you’re interested in that sort of thang! click here for video !
- if you like workout ideas: follow me on instagram (p.trauernicht) for workout clips!
ok now that I’ve talked your ear off … that’s alllllll 🙂 Until next time my fav people ….
Happy Tuesday 🙂 | xoxoxox,