I hope you guys had a good week 🙂
I thought I would share how I assembled this boho inspired, crate bookcase last summer! There are SO many things you can do with crates, but I decided to create a bookcase for some of my extra school supplies and books I haven’t gotten around to selling or reading yet … perfect use of crates for my fellow book worms!
side note :: You could also arrange and use this bookshelf as a nightstand which I was going to do at first, but we don’t have enough storage space for me to move my stuff from my current nightstand somewhere else and I have some essentials in there if you know what I’m sayin’ – girl probs.
- I picked up all these supplies from Michael’s because I’m obsessed with craft stores and this one is the closest one to my house. Plus, I’m a ‘member’ there so I get sent a lot of coupons! But you could probably pick up most of these supplies at a Walmart!
- I bought these crates on sale from Michael’s for about 8$ a piece. I know they sell them at Walmart and basically everywhere else, but they were the same price everywhere I looked! But I would recommend to price check online to save some $$$.
- I bought my color of choice (pale blue) paint – one bottle was enough for me to be able to do about 3 coats on each box for about $3.
- I picked up some cheap brushes for about 3$ and they got the job done just fine! So unless you have some fancy brushes already on hand, the cheap ones got the job done just fine for me!
- I also bought those fun-colored tassels for $6.99. These are optional just to add a little somethin, somethin.
6. I strung the tassels on a thick, wool-like yarn, and knotted it in between each tassel so there is some separation in between so they don’t all clump together. I used gold tacks to pin the tassels and yarn up.
tip :: I tried using small nails and it was a BAD idea, it started splitting the wood – so learn from my mistake and don’t use nails 🙂
7. Finally, I just stacked the crates on top of each other and filled them full of my extra supplies and books! **make sure the paint is dried before you stack them!
I hope you guys enjoy this fun DIY project! 🙂
- The ‘strong women never settle’ card + stand is a part of the ‘See Jane Work’ collection at Office Max! The fun polka-dot picture frame of Whiskey is also a part of the ‘See Jane Work’ collection – I wanna say it was only like 4$ last fall!
don’t forget my lil Easter bunnies :: If you love these posts, follow my blog so you don’t miss out on anything! There are ‘follow’ buttons at the bottom or the right of the page so you will receive notifications via email when a new post is made 🙂
follow me on social media for workout clips, food pictures & a look into my life!
– instagram: p.trauernicht
– twitter: @Ptrauernicht14
– Paige Trauernicht on Facebook & YouTube
Sending So Much Love | xoxoxo,