Happy Friday my beautiful ladies!!!
*this post was made on my previous blog, but I am transitioning all of those posts over to this website so that’s why you may see some tan lines and fall decor 🙂 But these are still the same products I use, I still love them, my skin is still clear and I still get questions on my skin care routine so I thought it was appropriate!*
I posted a make-up less selfie on Twitter: (@Ptrauernicht14) a while back – it was supposed to be inspirational: the whole ‘always love yourself’ type of vibe so I hope that was how it was received 🙂
ANYWAYS – I had a lot of questions on what my current skin care routine is and I’m always down to help you ladies out!! Skin can be seriously SO frustrating and hard to conquer, but I found a routine that works for me so I hope it works for you guys as well! 🙂
Disclaimer: TRUST ME, I still have pimples here and there … these are just the products that have really worked for me lately!
- side note: another HUGE thing that has cleared my skin up a crazy amount, is having a clean diet! Eliminating dairy and greasy foods from my diet has not only helped me feel AMAZING, but has also cleared out my pores and cleared up my skin!!!
I have crazy oily skin that is acne-prone and SUPER sensitive! I’m talking if I sweat too much with make-up on = breakouts, period coming = breakouts, new products = breakouts. The Cetaphil and CeraVe products are dermatology tested for acne-prone skin and I’ve found them to really help + they’re drugstore products that are affordable … so win win!
Here’s my daily routine:
Quick Info: All of these brands offer products adjusted to your skin type. So don’t think you can’t follow this routine because you don’t have the exact same skin type as I do because they have products for dry skin, normal, combination, etc.
- Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, rinse with water
- Moisturize with CeraVe PM facial moisturizing lotion
- I use the PM moisturizer because the AM has sunscreen mixed into it, which is awesome to use but the sunscreen makes me breakout So I use the PM to moisturize but you are welcome to use the AM one to incorporate some sunscreen into your routine to protect your skin!
- When I apply my make-up: I use a liquid foundation (vs. a powder foundation which I use in the warmer months) and I have been stuck on the Fit Me matte + pore-less foundation lately!
- If you have oily skin, use matte finishing products – I know the sheer products that have a little sparkle and make you look like a shiny vampire are fun but it really brings out the oil in your skin, you may not be super oily at the time but I have found that it usually looks that way with the sheer products.
- I set my make-up with the Urban Decay Setting Spray Oil-Control, and honestly guys I love the setting spray in general, but I haven’t seen a huge difference between the normal setting spray and the oil control one! So you can definitely go without this step and save some $$$
Throughout the Day:
I always have the Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets with me wherever I go. Because although I use all of these oil-control products, on days where I have to have my make-up on literally all day long, I’m bound to get a little oily in the late afternoon. So these are little sheets that you just dab on the oily spots of your face and it picks it right up! These are AMAZING.
- You get what you pay for with this product for sure! DEFINITELY buy these more expensive ones! 1 package of them lasts me months! The cheaper ones don’t absorb the oil very well and pick up a lot of make-up while the Clean & Clear ones don’t pick up much make-up at all!
- To take off my make-up, I use the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths. These are perfect for my sensitive skin because I have found a lot of make-up removing wipes to hurt my skin and these are super soft and gentle!
- In the shower I wash my face again with the Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, then rinse with water
- I then exfoliate my face (twice a week) with the Burt’s Bees natural acne solutions pore-refining scrub, then rinse.
- ***This has honestly been the key to my acne disappearing. When my acne was out of control last year I tried getting a facial as a last resort to figure out what was wrong and she told me I had a lot of dead skin clogging my pores that caused me to break out and it was because I never exfoliated my skin before! (I know, I failed at being a girl here) But, this Burt’s Bees product has been perfect for my skin. I usually exfoliate 2 times a week…but it just depends on your skin!***
- exfoliating tip: If you exfoliate and you feel it hurting your skin or burning at all, you’re over exfoliating so cut back on the days!
- Whenever I do have a couple of pimples, when I exfoliate they’re generally dried up the next morning!
4. When I get out of the shower, I moisturize with the CeraVe PM moisturizer and you’re done with your skin care routine for the day!
Prices + Where to find the Products: *Prices vary store to store
- Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash = $9.75 (Wal-Mart)
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion = $9.13 (Wal-Mart)
- Fit Me Liquid Foundation Matte + Pore-less = $4.97 (Wal-Mart)
- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets = $4.49 (Target)
- Urban Decay Oil Control Setting Spray = $30.00 or $14.00 depending on size (Ulta)
- Burt’s Bees Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub = $8.49 (Target)
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths = $9.94 for a pack of 2 (Wal-Mart)
- you can buy individual sized ones as well, but the duo is usually a better deal
I hope these products can help you guys out like they helped me! Everybody deserves to be comfortable and happy in their own skin! 🙂
As always spring babies: don’t forget to follow my blog, so you don’t miss out on my newstuff! There is a ‘follow’ button at the bottom or the right of the page to enter your email into so you receive notifications every time a new post is made!
follow me on social media for workout clips, food pictures & a look into my life!
– instagram: p.trauernicht
– twitter: @Ptrauernicht14
– Paige Trauernicht on Facebook & YouTube
Sending So Much Love | xoxoxo,