Today I was making lunch and I had a terrible sweet tooth. I haven’t been eating as clean as I would like to lately (cheesecake bites, oreo icecream, graham crackers and frosting hehe) so I didn’t feel like I could take on another treat and still feel on track. Soooo I decided to make a simple, healthy, sweet treat! I had a few sweet potatoes left over and decided to turn them into a lil dessert. I ended up making them into small bites and added a little light brown sugar and cinnamon! They’re a perfect, guilt free, little treat for when you have a sweet tooth (which is always for me!)
Here’s how to make these babies:
- 3 sweet potatoes: Or any amount you want to cook! I just like cooking things in bulk so I have healthy options on hand for busy days!!
- light brown sugar
- needed utensils: 1 peeler, 1 cooking sheet, 1 sharp knife
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash sweet potatoes in the sink & remove any roots they have on them
- Cut off edges of each potato
- Skin each potato with a peeler? I think they are called lol or a knife if you don’t have a peeler
- Chop each potato into small bites (you need a heavy duty knife to cut through these babies, no butter knife bs)
- Place chopped potatoes in a medium sized bowl
- Add ingredients to potatoes: 1 TSP vegetable oil, 2 TSP light brown sugar, 1 TSP cinnamon & mix together
- Spray a large pan with Pam or any non-stick cooking spray
- Spread potatoes evenly on a large baking sheet
- Place potatoes in oven & cook for 20 minutes (or more depending on how you prefer the texture: longer for crispier potatoes, shorter for mushier potatoes)
- Flip potatoes after 20 minutes of cooking to ensure they cook evenly
- Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes
- Remove potatoes once they have reached your preferred texture
- Serve & enjoy!!
Nutrition: per 1 cup of cooked potatoes
192 calories, 32 g carbs, 7 g fat, 2 g protein, 10 g sugar
There are SO many more healthy recipes available on my nutrition guides! If you are feeling confused about nutrition and how to go about reaching your goals, these are perfect for you!! PLUS the meal plan is completely customized to your body and your goals specificallyAND it’s super cheap!
for more info on nutrition guides click here –> click here!
Don’t forget to follow my blog so you don’t miss out on anything!!! You will receive a notification via email every time a new post is made! Just enter your email into the ‘Join the Tribe’ box and you’re good to go :):)
follow me on social media!!!
Facebook: Paige Trauernicht
Sending SO Much Love | xoxoxo