Happy Saturday Morning 🙂
The other night I was coming home from the gym and I was HANGRY lemme tell ya. I still had quite a few protein & carb grams left to consume for the day so I decided to make a chicken and rice bowl! We had some corn on the cob left over from grilling the night before, so I decided to add that in as a little filler / veggie option. This recipe has a littleeee kick from the rice but the sweet corn adds a sweet flavor that balances the bowl really well!! It turns out I threw together a super healthy, high protein, yummy and super easy to make rice bowl.. so of course I had to share it with you guys 🙂
- 8 oz chicken
- 1 c. Zatarain’s Spanish Rice
- 1 cob of sweet corn (or about 1/2 cup of canned corn)
- a few sprinkles of Lawry’s seasoning
- a sprinkle of pink Himalayan Salt
- a sprinkle of ground pepper
- a small scoop of butter made with olive oil
- Place thawed chicken on a cutting board and trim off any fat the chicken may have with a knife.
- Season both sides of the chicken with a sprinkle of Lawry’s seasoning.
- Spray a small-medium sized pan with any non-stick cooking spray and place chicken in the pan.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until it is cooked all of the way through, flipping occasionally.
- While the chicken is cooking, I like to cut the chicken into small pieces to help it cook quicker and more evenly!
- To cook corn on the cob on the grill:
- Spread a tinnnyyy amount of the butter made with olive oil on the corn.
- Season the corn lightly with Lawry’s, pink salt and ground pepper.
- Once the seasoning and butter is evenly disbursed, cover the corn on the cob completely with aluminum foil.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook over medium-high heat.
- Rotate the corn while it is cooking so it will cook evenly and cook for around 10 minutes – check on it a couple of times because each grill cooks differently!
- If you would like to simply make canned corn – cook the corn according to the can instructions instead! Your choice 🙂
- In a medium sized pan, cook rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Once all of the ingredients are cooked – combine the chicken, 1 cup of rice, and corn into a medium sized bowl & stir.
- Serve & enjoy!
optional: You can top the rice bowl with 1 TBSP of guac or salsa if you would like to! I thought the bowl had enough flavor on it’s own when I prepared it, but it’s all about your preference!
* My home-made guac recipe is available in my ‘7 Day Meal Prep’ blog post if you would like to make a home-made recipe!! Click this link –> Meal Prep Blog Post!
Nutrition Info (w/o guac or salsa)
506 calories | 53 g carbs | 8 g fat | 55 g protein | 6 g sugar | 3 g fiber
Keep In Mind!!
- Don’t forget to follow my blog so you don’t miss out on anything!!! You will receive a notification via email every time a new post is made! Just enter your email into the ‘Join the Tribe’ box either located at the bottom or the right side of the page (depending which tab you’re on) and you’re good to go :):)
- I have recently released my ‘Summer Cook Book + Nutrition Guide’ and it’s only $20!! It contains over 25 healthy recipes, a full grocery list, information on how to read a nutrition label, information on how to calculate your own macros based upon your own goals and your own body + information on how to track them, main foods to avoid, helpful nutrition tips & so much more!!!
- Follow me on social media!!
YouTube: Paige Trauernicht
Sending SO Much Love | xoxoxo