Happy Saturday Morning!!
I always go through little obsession phases with different food groups. I went through a phase where I ate waffles every morning for breakfast, or craved chicken and sweet potatoes for lunch everyday.. but lately I’ve been on a salad kick!!
I’ve been trying a bunch of different combo’s out, but one of my go-to salad’s lately has been this fresh chicken & cucumber salad! It’s a perfect light option for a late night dinner or whenever you’re wanting something that is easy, quick & healthy to throw together! Here’s the recipe for you guys!! 🙂
- 2 cups of any lettuce mix of your choice
- 4 oz of diced chicken breast
- I just bought this sliced chicken breast from the deli.. if you prefer to cook your own chicken breast (lower sodium option) and use that instead.. go for it sista!
- 1/3 chopped cucumber
- 2 TBSP of whole grain croutons
- 1 TBSP of Mild Chili Lime Dressing
- A sprinkle of pink himilayan salt (optional)
- A sprinkle of black pepper (optional)
- optional additional veggies to add: carrots, avocado, tomato, peppers, etc.
- I usually add some chopped carrots and red peppers but I was running low on groceries this day 🙂
- Place lettuce in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop chicken into cubes (or cook chicken breast)/
- Chop up the veggies.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Top with a sprinkle of pink himilayan salt and black pepper if you desire!
- Serve & enjoy!
252 calories | 11 g carbs | 11 g fat | 28 g protein | 3 g fiber | 2 g sugar
- The darker the ‘lettuce’ you choose, the more nutritious your meal will be! Darker greens like spinach contains more vitamins!
- This is a healthy, high protein, low carb meal!
- The more dark green veggies you add to this salad (avocado, broccoli, peas, spinach, etc.) the higher the meal will be in fiber!
- A lot of women don’t hit their daily fiber goal (around 25 g per day) and this can cause constipation! If you find yourself in this boat, add some foods that are high in fiber to your diet!
- If you would like to substitute the dressing I used for a dressing that is lower in fat, sometimes I’ll just squeeze some lemon juice on the lettuce and sprinkle some pink salt and pepper on it!
Give this recipe a try & let me know what you think!! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow my blog so you don’t miss out on anything!!! You will receive a notification via email every time a new post is made! Just enter your email into the ‘Join the Tribe’ box either located at the bottom or the right side of the page (depending which tab you’re on) and you’re good to go :):)
follow me on social media!!
YouTube: Paige Trauernicht
Pinterest: Paige Trauernicht
Sending SO Much Love | xoxoxo